The nation’s Cooperative Extension System and its 4-H youth development program have the scale, reach, and experience to act as important partners and change agents for health equity. Extension’s Well Connected Communities initiative helps build diverse, multigenerational, cross-sector coalitions that can recognize and address systemic health inequities. By intentionally forging connections, building capacity, and taking action in these communities and across the Extension network we can ensure that life-long health and well-being are within everyone’s reach.
- Focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Transforming place through genuine partnership and shared vision.
- Supporting youth voice and action through partnerships with adults.
- Addressing determinants of heath through policy, systems and environmental changes at the local and system level.
- Learning and growing together for a results-oriented movement.